Bajra is gluten free, high in protein and has good amino acid balance. It is reasonably a good source of thiamine and better source of iron. It can be used for making many delicacies. It provides relief from heat in summer and in winter it increases the capacity to withstand the cold weather conditions. It provides more energy for the calories consumed.
Benefits Of Bajra:
1.Weight Management: Consists of complex carbs, bajra is absorbed slowly from our digestive tract, leading to greater satiety while ensuring a continuous flow of energy. This helps prevent overeating
2. Gluten Free: The protein content in bajra is gluten free, making it a good change from the gluten heavy daily meals we consume.
3. Gut Health: Bajra is a rich source of insoluble fibre, which works as a pre-biotic in our gut, helping keep our digestive health in top form. Insoluble fibre also helps prevent overeating by adding bulk to the meals, leading to early satiety. Insoluble fibre is also vital for proper bowel cleansing and preventing constipation.
4. Helps Manage Diabetes: Diabetes control and prevention both are affected by fibre intake in our daily diet. The positive effects are well documented in a number of studies worldwide. Bajra has a positive effect on diabetes because its fibre content and the presence of slowly digestible starch, which takes longer to convert to glucose. This helps in managing diabetes and providing a sustained energy release for diabetics. Moreover, bajra is a good source of magnesium, which is associated with a lowered risk of diabetes.
5. Healthy Heart: Since bajra is a good source of magnesium, it is good for heart patients to add bajra to their diet. Magnesium is capable of preventing risk factors of cardiovascular diseases like BP and diabetes. Studies have also pointed towards a beneficial effect of magnesium on lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol and it also protects against stroke.
6. Packed With Omega-3 Fats
7. Full Of Iron And Phosphorus