Known as Jhangora in Garhwal and Maadira in Kumaon, the nutritious Barnyard Millet is a major food crop in Uttarakhand. Jangora is cooked mainly as plain rice but also in diverse local forms such as chhichhinda, kheer, ginjdi.
Please click the Recipes Tab for Traditional Recipes.
Should you require larger quantity, please write to us at email@example.com
Jhangore ki Kheer
- Jhangora – 500 gms
- Sugar – 200 gms
- Milk – 2 Lts
- Cashewnuts – 50 gms
- Raisins – 50 gms
- Chironji – 100 gms
- Kewara essence – 2-3 drops.
- Wash and soak Jhangora in water for 1 hour.
- Boil Milk.
- Add Jhangora and stir well to avoid lumps.
- Add sugar and cook till it done.
- Add kewara essence and mix well.
- Garnish with Raisins, Cashewnuts, and Chironji